Erik M. Pelton is the founder of Erik M. Pelton & Associates, PLLC, an intellectual property boutique law practice established in 1999. Mr. Pelton’s extensive trademark experience includes more than 1,500 U.S. trademark registrations, dozens of Trademark Trial and Appeal Board disputes, and practice before the U.S.Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Erik has twice been named a Top 10 trademark filer by NameProtect’s Trademark Insider.
After graduation from Boston University with a degree in anthropology, Mr. Pelton received his law degree from Catholic University. For two years, Mr Pelton was a trademark Examining Attorney at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. His extensive experience at the U.S.P.T.O. included writing appellate briefs and statutory refusals of trademark registrations, and researching trademark law.
During more than 10 years in private practice, Mr. Pelton’s counsel has helped build and sustain strong brands for hundreds of business across the United States and abroad. Mr. Pelton has also assisted numerous small business clients in obtaining positive results in trademark disputes with large companies.
Erik’s past speaking engagements include:
- Software Industry Conference (2008, 2009, 2010)
- RESA Home Staging International Conference (2010)
- National Association of Professional Background Screeners Mid-Year Conference (2010)
- Society for Advancement of Consulting of New England (2009)
- Falls Church Chamber of Commerce (2010)
- “How to Market Yourself as a Lawyer in 2010” webinar for ExecSense Webinars (2010)
- Social Media webinar for Corporate University Xchange (2010)
- American Bar Association (2011)
- Business of Software (2011)
Newsletter: Sign up for the smar(tm)ark® email newsletter